CORRECTION OF SENTENCES



D.M.S.S.V.H. College of Engineering: Machilipatnam
First Year Department
CORRECTION OF SENTENCES
SEQUENTIAL LAPSES (TENSES)
1.        He knew that the bridge is not safe.
2.        He sent for the doctor because I am ill.
3.        He ran faster than we do.
4.        I saw that I make a mistake.
5.        He had done all that is required.
6.        My boss asked why I am late.
7.        Buddha taught that violence was sin.
8.        The sage said that honesty was the best policy.
9.        I asked him if Ram has come.
10.     He could leave us if he likes.
HOW TO HANDLE HOMONYMS
1.        He willingly excepted my invitation.
2.        My father gave me a good piece of advise.
3.        Over work effected her health.
4.        Your signature on the check did not tally.
5.        The camel is the ship of the dessert.
6.        They observed a minute’s silence in the memory of the diseased.
7.        He is the man of principals.
8.        During the rain of Ashoka, people were happy.
9.        His uncle was a former.
10.     You are a knotty girl.
11.     The earth is not stationery at all.
12.     He deals in diary product.
13.     I want to get a birth reserved for my father.
14.     Access of everything is bad.
15.     What is the route cause of corruption?


VERBS OFTEN CONFUSED
1.          It is raining since three o’clock.
2.          The surface is feeling rough.
3.          Do know to play chess?
4.          Which flower you like the most?
5.          I ordered for a cup of tea.
6.          He, who stand there is my brother.
7.          I, who is her father, shall pay her fee.
8.          He is one of the best players who have been rewarded.
9.          When Sita shall come, she will bring sweets.
10.       To err is human, forgive divine.
11.       He eat food and then left.
12.       No sooner he left the class than they made a noise.
13.       He denied that he was not a liar.
14.       He said to me that he was leaving then.
15.       How old are that tower?
16.       I did not had a good sleep.
17.       Did he came yesterday?
18.       Have you forgot what I said?
19.       Did you ground it well before use?
20.       No sooner did he comes than the boys ran away.
21.       Did you notice how she laugh?
22.       I got hurted in the rush.
23.       They have spoke ill of you.
24.       If I was you, I would do it.
25.       I wish I was a millionaire.



ADVERBS
1.          I cannot scarcely ignore his views.
2.          He stood first because he works hardly.
3.          He speaks fluent than I.
4.          The butter melted fastly in the sun.
5.          She danced lovely.
6.          She mostly touched the line.
7.          After dinner we slept good.
8.          Never think bad of anyone.
9.          This sweet tastes well.
10.       She treated me fair.
11.       Everybody thinks high of Gandhiji.
12.       Why do you read so rapid?
13.       He has returned back from London.
14.       I was mostly delighted with her performance.
15.       The oranges taste sourly.
16.       He plays cricket good.
17.       He is most quick of the two.
18.       I went fastly through the book.
19.       Repeat again what you have said.
20.       I never remember having seen you.

PUZZLING PRONOUNS
1.    He and me are going together.
2.    It is between you and she.
3.    Why do you come between he and I?
4.    Let him and we proceed.
5.    You are as intelligent as me
6.    He did better than me.
7.    Our’s is a reputed school.
8.    None of them have paid their dues.
9.    You should be busy with our work.
10. One should do his duty well.
11. I, you and he worked in the same office.
12. She was as angry as me.
13. Whom do you think was there?
14. They are to blame theirselves.
15. Her’s was the best gift.
16. Who were you talking to?
17. Smith and Roja know one another.
18. If I were him, I would not obey.
19. Your’s sincerely.
20. I availed of the opportunity.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CULTURE SHOCK: ADJUSTMENT TO NEW CULTURAL ENVIRONMENTS

english1

Non - Detailed Text Sem I